The following are important policies and documents pertaining to the governance of the Staff Pension Plan.
The Plan Text outlines the provisions of the Staff Pension Plan as regulated by the B.C. Pension Benefits Standards Act and the Income Tax Act.
- Plan Text (January 1, 2018)
The Governance Policy outlines the obligations and duties of the SPP Board, the University Administration, UBC Board of Governors, and affiliated parties in the governance of the Plan. The Governance Policy together with the Plan Text, the Funding Policy, and the Statement of Investment Policies and Procedures for the Plan govern the activities of the SPP Board.
Statement of Investment Policies and Procedures (SIPP)
The SIPP defines the governance structure for the SPP Fund and formulates investment principles, guidelines and monitoring procedures to manage the assets of the Fund in accordance with the B.C. Pension Benefits Standards Act. This Policy is supplementary to the rules contained in the PBSA.
Plan Funding Policy
The Plan’s Funding Policy establishes a framework for outlining the Plan funding objectives and the intended method of achieving those objectives.
Reports to UBC Board of Governors
Since late 2011, the SPP Board has been presenting reports to the UBC Board of Governors. The purpose of these reports is to provide the Board with an update on key changes to the Plan. The following are reports which have been presented to the UBC Board of Governors:
- April 2018 Report (Q1 2018)
- September 2017 Report (Q2 2017)
- April 2017 Report (Q1 2017)
- February 2017 Report (Q4 2016)
- December 2016 Report (Q3 2016)
- September 2016 Report (Q2 2016)
- April 2016 Report (Q4 2015)
- February 2016 Report (Q3 2015)
- September 2015 Report (Q2 2015)
- April 2015 Report (Q4 2014)
- September 2014 Report (Q2 2014)
- April 2014 Report (Q4 2013)
- November 2013 Report (Q3 2013)
- September 2013 Report (Q1 and Q2 2013)
- April 2013 Report (Q4 2012)
- September 2012 Report (Q2 2012)
- June 2012 Report (Q1 2012)
The Communication Strategy provides an overview of the approaches used by the SPP to meet the communication needs of its stakeholders.